Sunday, December 5, 2010

Welcome to Babel!

I have decided not to post a blog on Sundays.


HOWEVER - if you feel led to use the comment section to reflect on this morning's message, that would be great.  I love the way the Lord is using the comments.  They have been awesome! 


This morning's sermon title - Welcome to Babel!

Genesis 1:28

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."


Genesis 11:4
And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth."

Genesis 11:7-8
Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." [8] So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city.





Enjoy the day.
Love in Jesus,
cathy

3 comments:

  1. I was strongly convicted this morning about wanting my will over God's, especially in the "little" things. Defiance is ugly. It's effects are obvious. It washes over everything I am and do.

    Lord, forgive me for not weighing the cost of my choices vs. the cost of the Cross. Help me to stop and consider before stamping my foot and proceeding. YOUR way is best, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God said in Genesis 1:28, spread out” (my paraphrase). The people decided to stay in Babylon. So, God confounded their language and dispersed them.

    Jesus said in Matthew 28:19 “go out”. The disciples stayed in Jerusalem. So, God allowed persecution and dispersed them.

    In what ways am I refusing to “go”, choosing or staying in what I consider to be safe? I found that the Lord was speaking to me this morning about much more than “location”, but the many daily choices I make. Are they for me, my comfort, or are they for Him, His glory?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was truly blessed and convicted by today's message. God gives us daily choices to surrender our will - in 'litle' or in 'big' things. Obedience does cost us (John 12:24)but we also reap the rewards of seeing HIM work in and through us and in the lives of others!
    "The tool is not committed to the task but it must only be surrendered to the hand of the Master"

    ReplyDelete