Sunday, January 2, 2011

This Morning's Message From Dale

Let's take today and reflect on this morning's message.  I encourage you to post a comment.  I love the way the Lord is using the comments.  Please keep posting - and thank you to those of you who are obeying God's "nudging".  Your comments have been a blessing. 


Dale mentioned that there are many verses declaring God to be our shield.  I couldn't resist looking them up!


2 Samuel 22:3
    The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
    My shield and the horn of my salvation,
    My stronghold and my refuge;
    My Savior, You save me from violence.

2 Samuel 22:31
    As for God, His way is perfect;
    The word of the LORD is proven;
    He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

2 Samuel 22:36
    "You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
    Your gentleness has made me great.

Psalm 3:3
    But You, O LORD, are a shield for me,
    My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

Psalm 5:12
    For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;
    With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

Psalm 18:2
    The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
    My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
    My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:30
    As for God, His way is perfect;
    The word of the LORD is proven;
    He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

Psalm 18:35
    You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
    Your right hand has held me up,
    Your gentleness has made me great.

Psalm 28:7
    The LORD is my strength and my shield;
    My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
    Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
    And with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 33:20
    Our soul waits for the LORD;
    He is our help and our shield.

Psalm 84:11
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
    The LORD will give grace and glory;
    No good thing will He withhold
    From those who walk uprightly.

 Psalm 91:4
    He shall cover you with His feathers,
    And under His wings you shall take refuge;
    His truth shall be your shield and buckler.

Psalm 115:9
    O Israel, trust in the LORD;
    He is their help and their shield.

Psalm 115:10
    O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD;
    He is their help and their shield.

Psalm 115:11
    You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD;
    He is their help and their shield.

Psalm 119:114
    You are my hiding place and my shield;
    I hope in Your word.

Psalm 144:2
    My lovingkindness and my fortress,
    My high tower and my deliverer,
    My shield and the One in whom I take refuge,
    Who subdues my people under me.

Proverbs 2:7
    He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
    He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;

Proverbs 30:5
    Every word of God is pure;
    He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.

    
Love in Jesus,
cathy

7 comments:

  1. I'm adding two new names of God to my list:
    Jehovah Magen (The LORD is my shield) and Jehovah Sakar (The LORD is my reward). I'm not so sure I am gramatically correct with the Hebrew, but it works for me!
    Lord, help me "spot" the dangers as Abram did. That will help me avoid a lot of trouble and enable me to enjoy You as my Jehovah Magen and Jehovah Sakar. To You be the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the reminder that I am to hide myself behind His mighty shield when temptations rear up. NO power can stand against Him. What a wondrous place to put myself in!
    HE is my exceedingly great reward! AH, to live in that acknowledgment! To see Him as better than anything else I could turn to is to have victory indeed.
    All Glory and Praise to my Almighty King!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lord, for reminding me that you are my Shield and my exceedingly great reward. My part is to obey you and to trust you no matter the consequences. All glory to you Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Help me to be wise and discern the dangers of temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The longer I walk with Jesus the more satisfied I am that there is no greater reward than the LORD Himself.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was especially blessed when Pastor Dale mentioned that God does not give us a shield, but that He IS our shield...He IS our exceedingly great reward. Praise Him! darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree Darla! I see Him standing in front of me, beside me, behind me...my Shield!

    ReplyDelete