Monday, March 25, 2013

Simply Jesus

Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD! Hosanna in the highest! Matthew 21:9

The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone This was the LORD'S doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:22-24 

The last words of this psalm are: we will rejoice and be glad in it.  As God's people, we are to be glad and rejoice. Read and consider the calls to rejoice in the psalms:

Psalm 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.

Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy, For You have considered my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities,

Psalm 32:11 Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

Psalm 40:16 Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let such as love Your salvation say continually, "The LORD be magnified!"

Psalm 48:11  Let Mount Zion rejoice, Let the daughters of Judah be glad, Because of Your judgments.

Psalm 68:3  But let the righteous be glad; Let them rejoice before God; Yes, let them rejoice exceedingly.

Psalm 70:4 Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; And let those who love Your salvation say continually, "Let God be magnified!"




David often used the words I will.  Rejoicing and gladness is a choice.  Rejoicing and gladness is visible to others.  Notice the reasons for rejoicing (I underlined them).  What do you reserve your rejoicing for?  That's just a question to challenge us.  Please feel free to post whatever spoke to you about the day the Lord made to declare His Son as king.

2 comments:

  1. I marvel and rejoice that Jesus chose to come !!!
    On my own merits I deserved nothing but Gods wrath and punishment.
    But God ...... In His rich love and mercy chose to save me. He made the way to bring me back to Himself.
    I have no choice but to rejoice !!! For I was once lost, but now I am found.
    I am His and He is mine.
    Psalm 107:1
    Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
    For His mercy endures forever.
    How I thank God for the gift of His son Jesus and everlasting life.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. God desires to be praised so much, that should our tongues remain silent, even the rocks and stones themselves will shout out His praises. How sad, if that were to ever come to pass! It is OUR great loss if we choose not to proclaim the goodness, faithfulness, and glory of our King. What an honor and privilege we have been given.

    Father, thank you that you have given us even the tiniest ability to sing of your wonders and mercy! May my lips ever proclaim the mighty works of Your hands!

    ReplyDelete